"Allow Script Tags" affects attachments?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Wed Feb 1 20:35:56 UTC 2017

On Wednesday 01 February 2017 at 21:31:30, Jerry Benton wrote:

> Ok, attachments.
>
> The should NEVER be script tags in email. This is not how attachments are
> done.

Sorry, am I misunderstanding?

What's to stop me writing an HTML page, containing <script> tags, and then
sending it as an attachment to someone?

It strikes me as a perfectly legitimate thing to have in an attachment to an
email "please let me know what you think of this version..." etc.

The question is whether "Allow Script Tags = No" will block this attachment,
or allow it because the tag is not in the emal body itself.

Antony.

--
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error.  Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.