[Question] missing components during the installation

Eoin Kim Eoin.Kim at rcst.com.au
Tue Dec 12 05:38:44 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I am testing the MailScanner (v5.0.6-5) at the moment. The installation went well successfully although I could see few warning messages. I understand it is not really important but I would still like to ask. I am using Debian Jessie by the way.

  1.  So, I can see the following message from the installation log:

Package unrar is not available, but is referred to by another package.

is only available from another source

E: Package 'unrar' has no installation candidate

I believe adding non-free repository will fix this but are there any alternatives I can use?

  1.  During the Perl module installation, I could see the following messages:

optional module missing: Geo::IP

optional module missing: Net::Patricia

optional binary missing or nonfunctional: fetch

So, I think I can install first two missing modules (libgeo-ip-perl, libnet-patricia-perl). However, I cannot find a package that has fetch binary. Can someone please help me about this? Is this another Perl module?

Other than those, I think it's all good. Hopefully, this clarifies my situation. Thanks a lot.

Eoin Kim
Systems Administrator

RCS Telecommunications
Level 1 - The Annexe