New MailScanner Stable v5.0.6-3 install
mark at meelhuysen.com
Wed Aug 23 21:51:02 UTC 2017
I have for quite some time a 4.84.6 install running with SpammAssassin, ClamAV, Postgrey and Postfix on CentOs 6.9.
Now I have installed a CentOs 7 minimal installation with MailScanner 5.0.6-3, Spamassassin, ClamAv and Postfix.
Ran through the config and everything seems fine.
MailScanner -lint output:
[root at localhost ~]# MailScanner -lint
Trying to setlogsock(unix)
Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/README
Read 1500 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Read 12886 hostnames from the phishing blacklists
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (5.0.6) is correct.
Your envelope_sender_header in spamassassin.conf is correct.
MailScanner setting GID to (89)
MailScanner setting UID to (89)
Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
pyzor: check failed: internal error, python traceback seen in response
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
Auto: Found virus scanners: clamav
Connected to Processing Attempts Database
Created Processing Attempts Database successfully
There are 0 messages in the Processing Attempts Database
Using locktype = posix
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = auto"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamav
Filename Checks: Windows/DOS Executable (1 eicar.com)
Other Checks: Found 1 problems
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
./1/eicar.com: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND
Virus Scanning: ClamAV found 2 infections
Infected message 1 came from 10.1.1.1
Virus Scanning: Found 2 viruses
Virus Scanner test reports:
ClamAV said "eicar.com contains Eicar-Test-Signature"
If any of your virus scanners (clamav)
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its virus.scanners.conf.
The only problem I have is that MailScanner is not grabbing in when a new mail is held by Postfix. It also seems the service does not exist:
[root at localhost ~]# systemctl status MailScanner
Unit MailScanner.service could not be found.
I have installed another server for testing and there the service is recognized and started. I have no clue if I missed an error when installing MailScanner.
Btw SElinus is disabled.
Hope some can give me a push in the right direction. Thank you in advance!
With kind regards,
Dit bericht is gescanned op virussen en andere gevaarlijke inhoud en lijkt schoon te zijn.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MailScanner