ms-cron hourly cron job

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Thu Oct 27 12:46:21 UTC 2016

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016, Wolfgang Baudler wrote:

> The ms-cron hourly cron job that gets installed with MailScanner-5.0.3-7
> outputs 2 empty lines each time it is run. This results in an empty cron
> email from mailscanner every hour and should be fixed.

Those two lines are from ms-check when it decides to run
/usr/sbin/MailScanner /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
to start mailscanner (in my set up at least). If you are getting these
each hour you are probably have the the same issue with a missing pid file
I described in my last post "minor issue with /usr/sbin/ms-check"
(archived
at
http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2016-October/103980.html
).