Old MailScanner builds

Shawn Iverson iversons at rushville.k12.in.us
Fri Oct 21 02:30:19 UTC 2016

Okay, this is a bit nasty, it appears that MailScanner 5.0.3-7 installation
scripts are getting trampled by the mailscanner 4.85.2-3 post uninstall
script during upgrade....  the 4.85.2-3 post uninstall script executes
after the 5.0.3-7 install...

postuninstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
# copy old ms files if this is an upgrade
if [ -d "/usr/lib/MailScanner" ]; then
        rm -rf /usr/lib/MailScanner # <-- this kills 5.0.3-7
/usr/lib/MailScanner
fi

# symlink
rm -rf /etc/MailScanner/CustomFunctions
ln -s /usr/share/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/
/etc/MailScanner/CustomFunctions  # <-- this appears as a broken link

if [ "$1" -ge "1" ]; then # <-- this throws an error because it is an empty
if block (just comments)
    # We are being upgraded or replaced, not deleted
    #echo 'To upgrade your MailScanner.conf and languages.conf files
automatically, run'
    #echo '    upgrade_MailScanner_conf'
    #echo '    upgrade_languages_conf'
    #service MailScanner restart </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1
fi
exit 0

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 9:59 PM, Shawn Iverson <iversons at rushville.k12.in.us

iversons at rushville.k12.in.us