Upgrade Wrecks MailScanner

Paul Scott sales at edenusa.com
Wed Oct 12 20:39:38 UTC 2016

Hello Jerry,

Thank you.  I did read this yesterday, but when I edit the "sendmail" file under /etc/init.d, I cannot find the " sendmail -bd -q15m" entry, as document on that page.

This is what is under the "start()" function:

start() {
        # Start daemons.

        echo -n $"Starting $prog: "
        if test -x /usr/bin/make -a -f /etc/mail/Makefile ; then
          make all -C /etc/mail -s > /dev/null
        else
          for i in virtusertable access domaintable mailertable ; do
            if [ -f /etc/mail/$i ] ; then
                makemap hash /etc/mail/$i < /etc/mail/$i
            fi
          done
        fi
        /usr/bin/newaliases > /dev/null 2>&1
        daemon /usr/sbin/sendmail $([ "x$DAEMON" = xyes ] && echo -bd) \
                        $([ -n "$QUEUE" ] && echo -q$QUEUE) $SENDMAIL_OPTARG
        RETVAL=$?
        echo
        [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && touch /var/lock/subsys/sendmail

        if ! test -f /var/run/sm-client.pid ; then
        echo -n $"Starting sm-client: "
        touch /var/run/sm-client.pid
        chown smmsp:smmsp /var/run/sm-client.pid
        if [ -x /usr/sbin/selinuxenabled ] && /usr/sbin/selinuxenabled; then
            /sbin/restorecon /var/run/sm-client.pid
        fi
        daemon --check sm-client /usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-msp-queue -Ac \
                        -q$SMQUEUE $SENDMAIL_OPTARG
        RETVAL=$?
        echo
        [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && touch /var/lock/subsys/sm-client
        fi

        return $RETVAL
}

I am assuming that it is this line: /usr/sbin/sendmail $([ "x$DAEMON" = xyes ] && echo -bd) \
                        $([ -n "$QUEUE" ] && echo -q$QUEUE) $SENDMAIL_OPTARG

So how would I go about adding this and editing the file correct?

sendmail -bd -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn -ODeliveryMode=queueonly -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in
sendmail -q15m

Thank you all again.  This is quite the exercise.
Sincerely, Paul Scott