Problems after upgrade from 4.85 to 5.03

Thom van der Boon thom at vdb.nl
Tue Oct 11 18:00:48 UTC 2016

Mark,

I think I had the same problem in the past. Try following:

Stop MailScanner

Open two console windows. In console window one start "top" (the program you can use to monitor various system values)

Start mailscanner in your second window

I think you will see the following:

Under CPU:
%id(le) goes to zero
%wa(it) is going nuts

Swap memory is being filled up rapidly.

If that is the case: Most easy solution: Expand your RAM.

I noted that a virtual machine with 2 GB with two MailScanner childs gives this behaviour. After moving to a server with 4 GB RAM all problems went away.

Met vriendelijke groet, Best regards,

Thom van der Boon
E-Mail: thom at vdb.nl

=====