Upgrade Wrecks MailScanner

Paul Scott sales at edenusa.com
Tue Oct 11 04:36:57 UTC 2016

An upgrade from 4.85 to 5.0.3 caused a great deal of errors during the install, on my CentOS server.  After the install, all of the REPORTS files were missing from the associated directory.  Thank goodness I had made a full backup of the original MailScanner files, and was able to put all of those files back again.  However, a great deal of spam is now getting through, and I am afraid that most of the settings in the mailscanner.conf file are somehow not working.  For example, the "required_hits" rule no longer seems to work.  Also the custom files are no longer readable by mailscanner, in particular, the "Config.pm" file that is used by MailWatch.  Also, MailWatch is no longer working at all.

Also, I am receiving the following error to the root user, every few minutes: