MailScanner on seperate servers

Jonas Kvinge jonas at jkvinge.net
Sun Nov 13 12:12:44 UTC 2016

I don't see how user-based bayesian learning can work with mailscanner
since sendmail only delivers the queue directly to mailscanner before it
knows what mailbox it's going to. So how can mailscanner possible know
where to look for the bayes data?

The only solution I've found to this is to keep running spamc from
procmail on imap server the way I've done before, except adding both
mailscanner relays to internal_networks and trusted_networks and adding
all the mailscanner headers to bayes_ignore_header.

But even if I was to run mailscanner on the imap server, how would it
know where to look for the bayesian data for each user when mailscanner
is run before sendmail processes what mailbox it should go to?