duplicate subject lines in headers (again)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Nov 13 00:35:55 UTC 2016

On 11/12/2016 03:44 PM, Warwick Brown wrote:

> Have you an Exim setup to test? You've got me thinking...i have a personal VM I can burn which I am willing to set-up and provide access for you if you like? It won't be an *exact* match of what I am working on, but at least will  a likeness

Thanks for the offer, but for now I'll continue testing on my own boxes.

And thanks for the config and other info. That will help.

> Most likely, but our poison of choice is Exim because our mail environment is/was horrendously complex and Exim was the only MTA which allowed us the flexibility we required at the time when it was chosen (I would have much preferred sendmail ;-) and was not part of that selection process)

It does seem likely that this is specific to MailScanner with Exim, and
it (at least the older issue) is reportedly fixed before your 4.85.2
which makes me think that your "horrendously complex" environment and
resultant Exim config may be at least part of the issue.