duplicate subject lines in headers (again)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 4 03:03:54 UTC 2016

On 11/03/2016 02:58 AM, Warwick Brown wrote:

> So the issue remains - that where whitespace is present in the
> trailing part of the subject line - MailScanner is discarding that
> trailing whitespace and adding a second copy of the subject without
> whitespace, presumably because it believes (due to a difference in
> the length of a Subject line) that the subject has been changed as
> part of the scanning process.

I do not see this. I have sent test messages that pass through two
MailScanner instances - one on the way out of my desktop and one on the
way in to my MX server - with Subject headers with trailing whitespace
and the headers are never duplicated and the whitespace isn't stripped.
In both MailScanner instances "Multiple Headers" is set to add.

I have tried one trailing space, two trailing spaces and a trailing tab.
In all cases the result is the same except for the specific whitespace
in the Subject: of the delivered message, one of which is attached.

If I'm not doing the correct test, please explain in more detail what
the issue is so I can understand how to test.