Too Many Attachements OR Virus Found?

Paul Scott sales at edenusa.com
Thu Nov 3 21:44:27 UTC 2016

Hello everybody!

We are receiving the following message inside emails quite frequently now, and it is confusing since it conveys two different messages, which are "Too many attachments", OR "Infected."

This is occurring when RECEIVING an email from an outside company.

So my question is, when this message is received, what is the actual issue.  A virus, or too many attachments?

And where is the total number of attachments defined in the MailScanner.conf file?

And is there a way to create a ruleset file to tell MailScanner to NOT scan for viruses or check for number of attachments for a certain domain name (in this case, it would be "mp-eng.com").