[Question] configuration using SQL

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 26 02:00:47 UTC 2016

On 05/24/2016 07:18 PM, Eoin Kim wrote:

> I heard that it is possible to configure MailScanner by using SQL
> database. So, I started a bit of research but found not many
> documentations about this. Therefore, I’d like to ask some help from the
> community. I have questions which I’ll try to summarise as easily as I can:

If you found anything, you know more than I do.

> 1.       So, is this about modifying MailScanner.conf file through
>
> 2.       If #1 was correct, is there any specific database structure I
> have to follow when creating?

There are MailScanner management tools such as Mailborder
<http://www.mailborder.com/> and Baruwa <http://www.baruwa.org/> that
provide automated installation and configuration of MailScanner, but as
far as I know, nothing in MailScanner itself does this.

> I was wondering if there is a central configuration source where
> multiple MailScanner systems can contact and load from. It seems as if
> using SQL is a possible way to do so supposed that I am thinking
> correctly regarding #1. Hopefully, I could get help from someone out
> there. Cheers.

Look at Mailborder. I think it does what you want.