Avast core linux wrapper?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun May 22 04:17:20 UTC 2016

On 5/20/16 8:14 PM, Tracy Greggs wrote:
> I am still running the 4.x branch and haven’t updated to 5.x yet.
>

> Do you want me to send you the rpm and license file off list or I could
> send you a hyperlink to grab it off of my server whichever works best
> for you.

All we really need is a man page or other documentation giving the
command line options and arguments to scan a file or directory of files
and the possible returns.

If you currently have avast-wrapper (I think in /var/lib/MailScanner/,
but things have been moving so I'm not sure), you might just try
changing line 33 from

prog=bin/avastcmd

prog=/bin/scan

and ensuring avast is in the Virus Scanners list in your MailScanner
config and then running 'MailScanner --lint'