Is it possible to use MailScanner

Peter Lemieux mailscanner at replies.cyways.com
Fri May 20 19:26:38 UTC 2016

If you don't have a pre-existing rule for this, you can add one by creating
a file in /etc/mail/spamassassin/, say myrules.cf, with these lines

# add high score to messages without subjects
header NO_SUBJ         Subject =~ /^$/
score NO_SUBJ          10
description NO_SUBJ    Message has no subject line

The regular expression "^$" matches the empty string.

When you add or edit rules, it's best to test them with the command

spamasssassin --lint

to make sure there were no errors.

I don't recall if you need to restart MailScanner to have it read the SA
rulesets again, but it doesn't hurt to do so.

Peter