MailScanner v5.0.0-3 beta update

Wolfgang Baudler wbaudler at gb.nrao.edu
Tue May 10 20:21:33 UTC 2016

Did another upgrade install on Redhat 6.7 with 5.0.0-3. It looks like it
installed OK, but there is something amiss with the init script and the
files in /usr/lib:

/etc/init.d/mailscanner symlinks to the non-existing
/var/lib/MailScanner/init/ms-init

/etc/init.d/mailscanner -> /var/lib/MailScanner/init/ms-init

and a "rpm -ql MailScanner" claims there should be a /usr/lib/MailScanner
with a bunch of files in it, but that directory does not exist at all?

$ rpm -ql MailScanner | grep /usr/lib/MailScanner
/usr/lib/MailScanner/init
/usr/lib/MailScanner/init/ms-init
/usr/lib/MailScanner/wrapper
/usr/lib/MailScanner/wrapper/avg-autou

$ ls /usr/lib/MailScanner
ls: cannot access /usr/lib/MailScanner: No such file or directory

Also, the install script prints some errors (see below) that likely need
some attention:

cp: omitting directory `/etc/MailScanner/CustomFunctions'
I have copied /etc/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/* to
/root/ms_upgrade/saved.3771/etc/MailScanner/CustomFunctions

./install.sh: line 462: [: ==: unary operator expected

.
.
.

Upgrading /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf

Your old configuration file will be saved as:
/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf.old.3771

Substitution pattern not terminated at -e line 1.
Added new: Web Bug Replacement =
https://s3.amazonaws.com/msv5/images/spacer.gif
Added new: Lockfile Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/Locks
Added new: include /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/*

Wolfgang