SV: Verify virus scanning

Peter Lemieux mailscanner at replies.cyways.com
Tue Mar 29 18:26:14 UTC 2016

Traditional viruses don't show up very often on the systems I manage either.
  Most of the messages we reject these days look like this:

     Sender: wadas1960 at example.com
IP Address: 94.204.56.50
  Recipient: wadas1960 at example.com
    Subject: CCE29032016_00035.jpg
  MessageID: u2TFJNRF025532
Quarantine: /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20160329/u2TFJNRF025532
     Report: MailScanner: JScript Scripts are dangerous in email
(CYL9565832701.js)
     Report: MailScanner: JScript Scripts are dangerous in email
(CYL9565832701.js)

We block messages with embedded scripts via the filename/filetype rules.  We
also have clamd configured to quarantine messages containing Microsoft
Office documents with embedded macros.

Peter