Maximum Processing Attempts

Peter Lemieux mailscanner at replies.cyways.com
Thu Mar 17 13:47:23 UTC 2016

Can someone elaborate on the implications of changing this setting?  We've
gotten a couple of complex malware messages that apparently crash the scanner.
  We had this set to 6 (I don't know what the default is), so the message
would be rescanned and crash the scanner again.  Meanwhile throughput came to
a halt.

If I set this to zero, what happens to the malformed message?  Does it get
delivered to the recipient (bad idea in this case)?  Thrown away?
Quarantined?  The MailScanner.conf file doesn't address these questions.

Peter