Solutions for huge amount of virusses/spam

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Wed Mar 9 14:37:12 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 09 March 2016 at 15:29:35, Mikey van der Worp wrote:

> We wish not to block the extension as this will block a lot of e-mails
> outgoing from our customers.

1. You can easily set up different blocking rules for inbound and outbound
email, to allow your customers to send dubious filenames, but not to receive
them.

2. Have you considered that allowing your customers to send attachments with
filenames which may be blocked by other people's MailScanners (or similar)
might not be a good way of getting the emails through?

Antony.

--
I conclude that there are two ways of constructing a software design: One way
is to make it so simple that there are _obviously_ no deficiencies, and the

 - C A R Hoare

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.