Denial Of Service Attack Messages

Steven Jardine steve at mjnservices.com
Mon Mar 7 16:25:16 UTC 2016

I upgraded MailScanner several months ago to v4.85.2-3 and now
v4.86.1-1. Often I am getting the error message:

    MailScanner was attacked by a Denial Of Service attack, and has
    therefore deleted this part of the message. Please contact your
    e-mail providers for more information if you need it, giving them
    the whole of this report. Attack in:
    /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/20499/u27Em5eK000564/nmsg-20499-47.html

The file reported in the attack is not there so I am unable to to any
troubleshooting.

I am using a OpenVZ container with Ubuntu 14.04 - 6 CPUs and 12GB RAM.
The messages are causing problems with valid mail messages both incoming
and outgoing.

Is there a way to disable this feature?  Any ideas on how to suppress
these messages?

Thanks!
Steve

IMPORTANT: This email does not constitute a contract or an offer or acceptance of an offer to enter into a contract.  Further, this email may not be used to modify, supplement, novate, or waive any rights with respect to an existing contract or other binding commercial terms.