Denial Of Service Attack Messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jun 7 06:13:12 UTC 2016

On 06/06/2016 10:23 AM, Steven Jardine wrote:
> I am not really trying to be a nuisance on this but this is still
> happening way too often.  Legitimate emails are getting completely wiped
> out.  Are there any ideas for how to best find out what is causing the
> "status = 13" error?

You could try the attached patch to
/usr/share/MailScanner/perl/MailScanner/Message.pm.

It just logs the paths of the files that it's working with.

I don't actually see how this is happening with the regularity that you
see it with that error.

Unless:

> On 06/01/2016 11:50 AM, Steven Jardine wrote:
>> OK.  So I upgraded to v5.0.2-1 and I created a group called mtagroup
>> and added smmsp, smmta, www-data, clamav to the group.  I changed the:
>>
>> Incoming Work User = clamav
>> Incoming Work Group = mtagroup
>> Incoming Work Permissions = 0660

What is MailScanner's Run As User and Run As Group? The Run As Group
should be in the mtagroup.