Warning: skipping message as it has been attempted too many times

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 26 22:35:16 UTC 2016

On 07/26/2016 01:36 PM, Mark Meelhuysen wrote:

> @ Antony, it appeared that the "20160726" folder was not there. I wonder why i did not think of checking that.
> After creating it with the correct permissions the queue was processed. I wonder if the problem will repeat this night as I could not find any errors about the system not being able to create the directory.
> Any thoughts?

The problem probably will recur. Mailscanner creates the yyyymmdd
directories each day, but for some reason wasn't able to last night and
probably won't be able to tonight for the same reason.

Normally, the directory and subordinates are created/written by
MailScanner's 'Run As User' which needs read, write and search
permission on /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/. This will be the user
that owns the /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/* directories. If it has
permission, it could be a SELinux issue.