Virus Scanners

Jerry Benton jerry.benton at mailborder.com
Sat Jan 30 06:35:30 UTC 2016

I started looking at websites for each of these. Many are just gone or have become abandonware. I am shortening the list to the most popular items that offer open source variants:

avg
bitdefender
clam
f-prot
f-secure
sophos

The generic wrapper will stay, which you can use for whatever you like. (Your plugin.) The daemonized version of each of these will also stay.

If you have a mainstream AV that is still going strong that I am removing, speak now. If you have something that is 9 kinds of awesome that I don’t know about, speak now.

-
Jerry Benton
www.mailborder.com