RHEL 7

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Fri Jan 29 12:37:49 UTC 2016

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016, Maarten wrote:

> You mean the part where they replaced SystemV with SystemD in RHEL7?

It gets weirder than that. If you get packages from epel they have split
up their clamav packages into smaller pieces depending on what you want to
use, so for a generic clamd installation you probably want the
clamav-scanner-systemd package and its dependencies (or
clamav-scanner-sysvinit for old style statup scripts) where the systemd
service is clamd at scan.service (or clamd.scan for sysvinit), and you can
also use the clamav-server-systemd package if you want clamd to run as a
different user to match a service - I have clamd running as apache for
scanning related to a web server (I can provide further details if
required).

So it is quite complicated to work out what you need.

	Michael Young