Is MailScanner using spam.assassin.prefs.conf?

[SOLTECSIS] Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó carles at unlimitedmail.org
Tue Jan 26 12:58:26 UTC 2016

Hello,
I'm using MailScanner 4.85.2

I have setup Bayes in /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
indicating the path:
bayes_path /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes

But the bayes database is not created.
I have seen that it has been created into the directory /root/.spamassassin/
That is, the default location for the Bayes database.

If I add:
bayes_path /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes
to /etc/spamassassin/local.conf then the bayes database is created in
the desired location /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes

For this reason I believe that MailScanner is not using the
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf file.

How may I check it?

I have seen this in the MailScanner.conf file:
[...]
# The site-local rules are searched for here, and in
prefix/etc/spamassassin,
# prefix/etc/mail/spamassassin, /usr/local/etc/spamassassin,
/etc/spamassassin,
# /etc/mail/spamassassin, and maybe others.
# Be careful of setting this: it may mean the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file
# is missed out, you will need to insert a soft-link with "ln -s" to link
# the file into mailscanner.cf in the new directory.
# If this is set then it replaces the list of places that are searched;
# otherwise it has no effect.
SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir =
[...]

May it be the problem?
Which value should I give to this configuration option?

Thank you very much in advance.
SOLTECSIS SOLUCIONES TECNOLOGICAS, S.L.
Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó
Departamento de I+D+I
Tel./Fax: 966 446 046
cmunyoz at soltecsis.com
www.soltecsis.com

---
La información contenida en este e-mail es confidencial,
siendo para uso exclusivo del destinatario arriba mencionado.
Le informamos que está totalmente prohibida cualquier
utilización, divulgación, distribución y/o reproducción de
esta comunicación sin autorización expresa en virtud de la
legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error,
le rogamos nos lo notifique inmediatamente por la misma vía
y proceda a su eliminación.
---