MailScanner v4.85.3-1

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jan 17 00:19:12 UTC 2016

On 01/16/2016 06:13 AM, Jerry Benton wrote:
> Thanks Shawn. Here is the debian build. Mark would you mind also taking
> a look?
>
> Items updated:
>
> - unrar-free changed to unrar during install
> - Message.pm with revised unrar version identifier
>

> https://s3.amazonaws.com/msv4/deb/MailScanner-4.85.3-2.deb.tar.gz

I unpacked the above and ran the install.sh script. The unrar stuff all
looks fine.

I had a couple of issues with the actual install of the MailScanner package.

In mailscanner.postinst there is a

 update-rc.d mailscanner defaults

command, and in mailscanner.postrm there is a

 update-rc.d -f mailscanner remove

command. After installing and cleaning up 4.85.3-1, I no longer have
/etc/init.d/mailscanner. It's now /etc/init.d/MailScanner, so the
commands fail.

Also, in mailscanner.postinst, there is

# softlink for custom functions
ln -s /usr/share/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/
/etc/MailScanner/custom

That was failing on the 4.85.3-1 install even if I removed
/etc/MailScanner/custom. This time, I didn't try removing
/etc/MailScanner/custom, but that command failed.

At this point, those are minor glitches. MailScanner 4.85.3-2 is
installed and running and seems fine.