filetype permisson on per user base

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Thu Feb 25 15:56:02 UTC 2016

On Thursday 25 February 2016 at 16:23:24, Ralf Cirksena wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 03:01:18PM +0100 Antony wrote:
> > As far as I know that simply adds a header (containg the envelope
> > address), but cannot be used in any filtering rules to identify the
> > email as unwanted.
>
> yes, that's right,
>
> > > I want to catch mail from "outside" which has a forged From:
> >
> > Configure SPF / DKIM for your domain's authorised mail servers, and
> > reject anything pretending to be "internal" which comes from elsewhere.
>
> I will try it with SPF.
> But it's a pity that Mailscanner does not has support for that.

No.  This sort of thing is much better done by the MTA, before MailScanner can
even get to see it.

Until we get the facility of "MailScanner as a milter", this functionality
doesn't belong in MailScanner.  Far better to reject the mail ASAP without
accepting it at all.

Antony.

--
This sentence contains exacly three erors.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.