[mailscanner] Re: filetype permisson on per user base

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Thu Feb 25 14:01:18 UTC 2016

On Thursday 25 February 2016 at 14:46:01, Ralf Cirksena wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 12:11:57PM +0100 you wrote:
> > On Tuesday 16 February 2016 at 11:47:55, Ralf Cirksena wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I need to build filetype and filename restrictions based on email
> > > addresses or domains (envelope from / to).
> >
> > MailScanner doesn't know about envelope addresses.  You can only process
> > header addresses.
>
> there is a configuration setting
>
> Add Envelope From Header = yes
> and
> Envelope From Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-From:

As far as I know that simply adds a header (containg the envelope address),
but cannot be used in any filtering rules to identify the email as unwanted.

> How can that be used to deny filenames/filetypes?

It has nothing to do with attachments.

> I want to catch mail from "outside" which has a forged From:

Configure SPF / DKIM for your domain's authorised mail servers, and reject
anything pretending to be "internal" which comes from elsewhere.

Antony.

--
I love deadlines.   I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

 - Douglas Noel Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.