Bug

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Feb 6 05:20:43 UTC 2016

On 02/05/2016 03:16 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> More importantly, with this version and going back I don't know how far,
> regardless of whether Scan Messages is yes or virus, if a message
> contains a part in which a virus is detected, the entire message body of
> the delivered message, not just the infected part, is replaced with the
> AttachmentWarning.txt file. And I verified, this behavior predates the
> change to fix Scan Messages = virus, so that fix is not the cause.

The above is correct, but it is actually intended behavior and not a
problem. If I were actually paying attention to what I was doing I would
have seen in the delivered message:

> Warning: This message has had one or more attachments removed
> Warning: (eicar, the entire message).
> Warning: Please read the "GPC-Attachment-Warning.txt" attachment(s) for more information.
>
> This is a message from the MailScanner E-Mail Virus Protection Service
> The original e-mail attachment "the entire message"
> was believed to be infected by a virus and has been replaced by this warning
> message.

In other words it is telling me plainly if I only look that it has
replaced the entire message with the warning.

Sorry for the noise.