maillog vs Mailwatch log

Walt Thiessen wt at dld2000.com
Wed Dec 14 21:59:52 UTC 2016

In WHM: ConfigServer MailScanner FE shows: MailScanner Status: Running

MailScanner --lint produces
-bash: MailScanner: command not found

OS is CentOS7 with WHM/Cpanel

Is the OS preventing it from logging? My admins says no. I'm not so sure.

Nothing is logging to /var/log/maillog right now, so the answer to your
last question is No.

The MTA is Exim, which is logging to /var/log/exim_mainlog