Denial of Service attack Messages Constantly

Jerry Benton jerry.benton at mailborder.com
Wed Aug 24 14:01:20 UTC 2016

Ok, as far as permissions go … I addressed this issue in v5. The
installer creates a group called mtagroup. You MTA, virus scanners,
etc should be added to this group automatically. However, you should
confirm those accounts are members of that group. IF you add extra
virus scanners, add those system users to the mtagroup.

Next, the “Run As User” is dependent on what MTA and virus scanners
you are using, but this is not as important as the next item.

What is very important is that the “Run As Group” should be mtagroup
and the permissions should be 0660 in your config. By default this is
what ships with v5. If you changed it or used your old config, well …
that is on you. By using mtagroup and 0660 nothing will have any
permissions issues.

If you need a reference to the defaults, it is here:

https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/blob/master/common/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf

-
Jerry Benton
www.mailborder.com