MailScanner v5.0.3-7

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Aug 18 18:59:26 UTC 2016

On 08/14/2016 05:27 PM, Jerry Benton wrote:
> I mean to say …
>
> Mark changed the subject tagging behavior for phishing a bit. Lets
> hope he chimes in.

I've been on a back country hiking trip (totally off line) for almost
two weeks, and am just back.

Yes, I made some changes in the code for the subject tagging for
phishing fraud. There were some things that were clearly wrong that have
been fixed.

However, as Shawn notes, when phishing is detected, the subject is
tagged with Disarmed Subject Text (default {Disarmed}), and not with
Phishing Subject Text (default {Fraud?}).

See <https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/issues/2> for some discussion of
this issue.

I'm not sure that the current behavior is actually wrong since when
phishing is detected it's normally disarmed, but I've tried a number of
things and the {Fraud?} tag is not added when I think it should be and I
haven't been able to determine why.