MailScanner v5.0.3-7

Shawn Iverson iversons at rushville.k12.in.us
Sun Aug 14 21:21:47 UTC 2016

Running on 5.0.3-7

So far looks good.  I am unable to test avast/esets since I do not have
those.

time-wait appears to be working

I am testing the phishing...I am having some difficulty with this one.

I am seeing this when I try to trigger...

Aug 14 17:14:11 smtp MailScanner[4242]: Found phishing fraud from
http://example.org/ claiming to be www.someortherwebsite.org in
258C8100083.AC563
Aug 14 17:14:11 smtp MailScanner[4104]: Content Checks: Detected and have
disarmed phishing tags in HTML message in 258C8100083.AC563 ...

All well and good in the log itself, except the email that is delivered is
the unmodified original.  The phishing fraud is not being highlighted, and
the {Fraud?} prefix is not prepended :/

I have the following in MailScanner.conf:

Find Phishing Fraud = yes
Also Find Numeric Phishing = yes
Use Stricter Phishing Net = yes
Highlight Phishing Fraud = yes
Phishing Modify Subject = start
Phishing Subject Text = {Fraud?}

Poking around system to see what is happening....

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 12:39 PM, Jerry Benton <jerry.benton at mailborder.com>
wrote:

> I have tested these, but I would like some verification before I post
> them as releases.
>

> 08/14/2016 Changes in    v5.0.3-7
> ==================================
> - updated init script to include a time-wait for pid files during
>   process reloads and restarts
> - updated Message.pm to correctly prepend phishing notices in email
>   subject
> - added avast virus scanner support
> - added esets virus scanner support
> - added new function InitClamdParser to SweepViruses.pm
> - added new function ProcessClamdOutput to SweepViruses.pm
>

> Debian: https://s3.amazonaws.com/msv5/release/MailScanner-
> 5.0.3-7.deb.tar.gz
> RHEL: https://s3.amazonaws.com/msv5/release/MailScanner-
> 5.0.3-7.rhel.tar.gz