SPF check question

Richard Mealing richard at fastnet.co.uk
Tue Sep 15 08:51:00 UTC 2015

Hi Philip,

If it helps, I use a sendmail milter for my SPF checks and the following rules in spamassassin -

header SPF_CHECK_PASS Received-SPF=~ /\bPass\b/
describe SPF_CHECK_PASS SPF reports sender as permitted
score SPF_CHECK_PASS -1.5

header SPF_CHECK_SOFT_FAIL Received-SPF=~ /\bSoftFail\b/
describe SPF_CHECK_SOFT_FAIL SPF reports sender host as NOT permitted
score SPF_CHECK_SOFT_FAIL 2.5

header SPF_CHECK_FAIL Received-SPF=~ /\bFail\b/
describe SPF_CHECK_FAIL SPF reports sender host as NOT permitted
score SPF_CHECK_FAIL 5.0

header SPF_CHECK_NONE Received-SPF=~ /\bNone\b/
describe SPF_CHECK_NONE SPF None
score SPF_CHECK_NONE 0.0

header SPF_CHECK_NEUTRAL Received-SPF=~ /\bNeutral\b/
describe SPF_CHECK_NEUTRAL SPF no action on record
score SPF_CHECK_NEUTRAL 0.5

I guess you would need to match the regex with what you have in your maillog.

Thanks,
Rich