"Archives: Filename Rules" is being bypassed by badly formatted Content-Type header

PSI Mailbag mailbag at partnersolutions.ca
Fri Sep 4 12:48:41 UTC 2015

Re-hello,

 As a follow-up to my message, this can also be used to bypass all filename and filetype rules (not just inside zip files). MIME-tools 5.506 had no impact for me on my test system. MailScanner skips the content validation and passes it on as if it was just a simple message. My mail client properly interprets the badly formed header and displays the attachment.

 Jerry or one of the other developers? This is a problem that needs some love and care by the development team..

 Thanks
-Joshua