User notification

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 8 01:10:16 UTC 2015

On 10/06/2015 11:08 PM, Mateusz Krawczyk wrote:

> I would like to ask if there is a possibility to disable sending reports:
>
> Stored Bad Content Message Report
> Stored Bad Filename Message Report
> Stored Virus Message Report
> Stored Size Message Report
>
> or
>
> Deleted Bad Content Message Report
> Deleted Bad Filename Message Report
> Deleted Virus Message Report
> Deleted Size Message Report
>
> to users. I know how to disable sender or system administrators
> notification but I couldn't find options for user notification.

Well, if you eliminate these reports, you will be delivering an edited
message to the recipient with no notification to the recipient that what
you delivered did not contain everything that was in the original.

Aside from the fact that this may not be lawful in some jurisdictions,
do you really want to do that.

If you still think you do, the text of those messages is in the
reports/LC/ subdirectory of the MailScanner config directory for each
supported language. If I want to edit these I copy reports/en/* to
reports/local/ and edit the files there and put

%report-dir% = /etc/MailScanner/reports/local

in MailScanner.conf.