who match first Filename Rules or Filetype Rules ?

Sylvain Viart sylvain at opensource-expert.com
Fri Mar 27 14:44:12 GMT 2015

Hi,

On 25/03/2015 11:10, Glenn Steen wrote:
> Sure, I'll bite... IIRC this is exactly true. Unlike with AV and spam
> scanning, both tests will occur, so the individual order is not really
> that relevant.... Unless you have a problem in one (or the other).
>
> Cheers!

I found it in the doc!

So the answer is: The attachment must pass *all four tests before it is
allowed* to remain in the message.

The filename AND the filetype Rules.

From the PDF p.208

    Allow Filenames =
    This contains a space-separated list of regular expressions used as
    rules which are applied to
    the original fileames of attachments. If any of these rules matches,
    then the filename is
    accepted. This can also be the filename of a ruleset.

    Deny Filenames =
    This contains a space-separated list of regular expressions used as
    rules which are applied to
    the original filenames of attachments. If any of these rules
    matches, then the filename is not
    accepted, and the attachment is blocked. This can also be the
    filename of a ruleset.

    Allow Filetypes =
    This contains a space-separated list of regular expressions. These
    expressions are matched
    against the output of the “file” command. If any of the expressions
    match, then the
    attachment is accepted and allowed to remain in the message. This
    can also be the filename of
    a ruleset.

    page 197

    Deny Filetypes =
    This contains a space-separated list of regular expressions, and is
    used similarly to the “Allow
    Filetypes” option above. If and of the expressions match, then the
    attachment is blocked and
    removed from the message. This can also be the filename of a ruleset.

    The attachment must pass *all four tests before it is allowed* to
    remain in the message. If none of the
    regular expressions match at all, then the previous system based
    around “filename.rules.conf” and
    “filetype.rules.conf” is applied to the attachment instead, and all
    of those tests must pass for it to
    remain in the message.

So I can't allow filename to skip filetype, for a specific filename.
Filetype will still deny it.

The code doesn't reveal that, for me for now.

Still digging.

Regards.