Cloud-based scanning

James Nelson James.Nelson at vgt.net
Tue Mar 3 14:33:02 GMT 2015

Denis,

I also use office 365 for an edge filtering. Mine is synchronized with my internal active directory via the Microsoft Dirsync tool, but aside from the additional load you will place on your internal servers by not offloading directory based blocking at the office 365 level, there's not technically any harm in what you describe, as long as you configure your internal servers not to send NDRs, which in addition to creating additional traffic can be used by spammers for address validation