SA not getting Envelope-From - cannot use SPF

Simon greminn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 20:47:09 UTC 2015

Thanks for the reply Jerry.. I was running:

spamassassin -x -D -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint to
get those results. MailScanner --lint results in the following, so it looks
like i need to sort something with pyzor (and note we are not using virus
checks as these taken care of at the network edge).

Currently you are using no virus scanners.
This is probably not what you want.

In your /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf file, set
    Virus Scanners = clamav
Then download

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/install-Clam-SA.tar.gz
Unpack it, "cd" into the directory and run ./install.sh

Trying to setlogsock(unix)

Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/README
Read 464 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Read 12608 hostnames from the phishing blacklists
Config: calling custom init function SQLBlacklist
Starting up SQL Blacklist
Read 11 blacklist entries
Config: calling custom init function MailWatchLogging
Started SQL Logging child
Config: calling custom init function SQLWhitelist
Starting up SQL Whitelist
Read 3 whitelist entries

Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.85.2) is correct.

Your envelope_sender_header in spam.assassin.prefs.conf is correct.
MailScanner setting GID to  (48)
MailScanner setting UID to  (89)

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
pyzor: check failed: internal error, python traceback seen in response
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
Connected to Processing Attempts Database
Created Processing Attempts Database successfully
There are 0 messages in the Processing Attempts Database
Using locktype = posix
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = none"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamavmodule
Filename Checks: Windows/DOS Executable (1 eicar.com)
Other Checks: Found 1 problems
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting

If any of your virus scanners (clamavmodule)
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its virus.scanners.conf.
Config: calling custom end function SQLBlacklist
Closing down SQL Blacklist
Config: calling custom end function MailWatchLogging
Config: calling custom end function SQLWhitelist
Closing down SQL Whitelist