Marking email as virus using header?

Simon greminn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 03:47:41 UTC 2015

Hi there,

We front our mailscanner servers with fortigate firewalls, and use the AV
at the firewall rather than mailscanner (av is turned off on mailscanner).
Mailscanner is the latest version, running on Centos 6.6.

What I have been wondering about is if we could pass the email to
mailscanner with a custom header (set at the firewall) and have mailscanner
mark it as spam.

This would only be for logging purposes, and so that clients can 'see' the
av in action and also potentionally let their contacts know if they have
been compromised.

Is this possible somehow?

Many thanks,

Simon