Webhooks

Paul Sand pas at unh.edu
Tue Jun 16 15:34:32 UTC 2015

* Chris Chapman <chapman at simplesrv.com> [2015-06-16 11:14]:
> Normally, to implement a web hook to track if an email has been read,
> there is an embedded image in the email. The src url for that image
> contains a UUID (to anonymize the user). That URL points to a script on a
> server that does a database insert based on the UUID and returns headers
> which return an image file.

Hi --

Note the "WebBug" items in the MailScanner.conf file. As near as I can
tell, they work fine to disarm the technique above. (Except the default
"Web Bug Replacement" item has been a no-workie for awhile, I think. I
needed to replace that with a local URL)

--
-- Paul A Sand <pas at unh.edu>
-- Information Technology / University of New Hampshire