Clean.quarantine

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at usherbrooke.ca
Wed Feb 18 15:59:45 GMT 2015

Peter,

The /etc/cron.daily/clean.quarantine script uses these variables:
$quarantine_dir = '/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine';
$days_to_keep   = 30;

You could create a new copy of the script such as /etc/cron.daily/clean.quarantine.spam and modify the variables to your liking.

The script is not really intelligent and it does not know if you change the quarantine dir like I do:
Quarantine Dir = %rules-dir%/quarantine.rules

The file contains:
To:  *@usherbrooke.ca           /quarantaine/usherbrooke
To:  default                    /quarantaine/autres

I use these crontab entries to clean my quarantine:
# clean nonspam
5 0 * * * /bin/rm -rf /quarantaine/*/$(date +\%Y\%m\%d --date "2 days ago")/nonspam
# clean rest of quarantine
5 0 * * * /bin/rm -rf /quarantaine/*/$(date +\%Y\%m\%d --date "40 days ago")/

Denis