Filename Restrictions Not working

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 14:53:29 GMT 2015

Have you checked that there are headers in the delivered mails that
indicate that MailScanner has been involved? If not, especially with
some MTAs (like Postfix), it seems like you've gogofed your install a
bit and there is still a "non-MS-aware MTA" running, which would just
deliver/relay any mails....

Further... When you've fixed your typos (the back-forwardslash thing
for example), do as Denis says and try a lint run. If that works, then
do a debug run:
shut down MailScanner, then as the Run As user run:
MailScanner --debug
<generate some mail traffic, and let the debug run process the batch)...
Check output for errors...

Cheers
--
-- Glenn

On 18 February 2015 at 14:44, Denis Beauchemin
<Denis.Beauchemin at usherbrooke.ca> wrote:
> Agreed : you should use forward slashes “/” in all MS config files whenever
> you want to refer to a file path. And I’m also pretty sure you can’t put
> “allow/deny” filetypes rules directly in MailScanner.conf.
>

> Have you tried “MailScanner --lint”? If so, don’t you have any errors?
>

> Denis

-- Glenn