McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux

Ryan Braganza ryan.virgo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 07:51:41 GMT 2015

Can anyone let me know if McAfee VirusScan can be used with Mailscanner ?

I have installed mcafee on my test server , the default install dir path is
/opt/NAI/LinuxShield

I have set the virus.scanners.conf as below for mcafee

mcafee          /usr/lib/MailScanner/mcafee-wrapper     /opt/NAI/LinuxShield

But when I do a test scan using he wrapper I get the below o/p

/usr/lib/MailScanner/mcafee-wrapper /opt/NAI/LinuxShield /root/install.log
/usr/lib/MailScanner/mcafee-wrapper: line 63: /opt/NAI/LinuxShield/uvscan:
No such file or directory
/usr/lib/MailScanner/mcafee-wrapper: line 63: exec:
/opt/NAI/LinuxShield/uvscan: cannot execute: No such file or directory

Its looking for uvscan ... any inputs?

*“*
*Race the rain, Ride the wind & Chase the sunset. Only a biker understands.**”
*