Has anyone tried MailScanner on CentOS 7?

Kevin Miller kevin.miller at juneau.org
Mon Feb 9 20:31:42 GMT 2015

I’m in the process of rebuilding our MailScanner gateways so I’m happy to help test.  A very limited amount of mail will actually transverse the test box, but for installation and setup it’s perfect timing.

Is the idea of downloading from CPAN so that the most current version of a perl module is installed rather than bundling them with MS as Julian did?

I have EPEL enabled, but I’m not finding these modules from the list Phil published on Aug 10 of last year:

perl-bignum

perl-Filesys-Df

perl-IO

perl-Math-BigInt

perl-Math-BigRat

perl-MIME-Base64

perl-Sys-Hostname-Long

Perhaps these are included in modules of slightly different names?  For instance, there are almost two dozen perl-IO-SOMETHING modules; same with perl-MIME.

I see too that there’s a perl-Math-BigInt-GMP which might serve as the perl-Math-BigInt?  Or perhaps the perl requirements have changed and some previously necessary modules have been deprecated in favor of others?

Thanks for all you’re doing!

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.