X-[org-name]-MailScanner-SpamScore doesn't always appear

Walt Thiessen wt at dld2000.com
Sun Dec 13 23:24:24 UTC 2015

I think I've figured out my problem, but I don't have a solution. I'm
hoping someone here can help.

I suspect that the CustomAction module runs BEFORE SpamAssassin in
MailScanner's runtime order. Can anyone confirm this to be true?

If true, this means that I can't reliably identify whether an email is
spam according to SpamAssassin while CustomAction.pm runs.

I want the CustomAction module to decide whether to send a follow-up
email to the original sender depending upon certain conditions. One of
those conditions is that the sender's email should not be detected as
spam by SpamAssassin.

But if SpamAssassin hasn't run yet, then my decision tree can't resolve
this question correctly.

Can anyone suggest a way around this problem?