Pyzor integration

Dave Jones dave at jonesol.com
Wed Dec 9 15:29:58 UTC 2015

Couple of things:
1. See the URIBL_BLOCKED hit?  This means you are using a DNS server
that has been blocked.  You should setup a local DNS server on the
MailScanner server and not forward to another DNS server.  It needs to
do it's own full recursive lookups to keep it out of the aggregated
queries of the DNS server you are currently using.
2. Setup Postfix to block most of the emails using postscreen with RBL
weighting.  Postfix should be blocking most of the spam (>85%) before
it ever gets to MailScanner and Spamassassin.
Download the VM from http://efa-project.org/ and either use it or look
at how it's Postfix is setup.  It will have everything setup properly
like DNS, greylisting, Postfix, MailWatch, RBLs, etc.  Also there are
lot of examples on locking down Postfix on the Postfix mailing list.
Postscreen is a must.
3.  Here are my Pyzor settings:
mailscanner.cf:pyzor_path /usr/bin/pyzor
mailscanner.cf:pyzor_options --homedir /etc/mail/spamassassin
mailscanner.cf:#use_pyzor 0
mailscanner.cf:pyzor_timeout 5