email sent from virtual domains on server being tagged as spam

Kevin Miller kevin.miller at juneau.org
Thu Aug 6 17:21:08 UTC 2015

        by comm.moosebird.net (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 1981B2A01E3
        for <hfleming at moosebird.net>; Tue,  4 Aug 2015 11:38:54 -0400 (EDT)

See http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a%0967.233.71.80&run=toolpage
IP 67.233.71.80 is blacklisted.  Since you’re including spamhaus and/or barracuda in your blacklists you block those mails.  The cheesy workaround is to whitelist them, or quit using the RBLs.  Not much of an option.  The better solution is to find out why you’re blacklisted (see the spamhaus page) and take the steps to get removed.

Looking up your server IP, it appears that it’s a DHCP address which would probably normally be assigned to a home user.  Your email server should have a static IP.
  $ host 67.233.71.80
  80.71.233.67.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer va-67-233-71-80.dhcp.embarqhsd.net.

Running a RBL lookup at dns-stuff.com I see this:
  SBL-ZEN       IP detected as NON-COMPLIANT (End-user Non-MTA IP addresses set by ISP outbound mail policy)
  SPAMHAUS PBL  IP detected as SPAM

Hope this helps some.

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.