No filetype checks on RAR-archives

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at usherbrooke.ca
Wed Apr 15 12:11:20 UTC 2015

I have unrar on my RHEL 6.6 server:
$ rpm -qif $(which unrar)
Name        : unrar                        Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 5.0.3                             Vendor: Dag Apt Repository, http://dag.wieers.com/apt/
Release     : 1                             Build Date: Fri 20 Feb 2015 07:42:02 PM EST
Install Date: Wed 11 Mar 2015 10:00:55 AM EDT      Build Host: cos5-a64-n7-a7.mailborder.com
Group       : Applications/Archiving        Source RPM: unrar-5.0.3-1.src.rpm
Size        : 255168                           License: Freeware
Signature   : (none)
Packager    : Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>
URL         : http://www.rarlab.com/
Summary     : Extract, test and view RAR archives
Description :
The unRAR utility is a freeware program, distributed with source code
and developed for extracting, testing and viewing the contents of
archives created with the RAR archiver version 1.50 and above.
$ yum repolist
Loaded plugins: product-id, refresh-packagekit, rhnplugin, security, subscription-manager
*Note* Red Hat Network repositories are not listed below. You must run this command as root to access RHN repositories.
repo id                     repo name                                                         status
epel                        Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 6 - x86_64                    11,350
rpmforge                    RHEL 6Server - RPMforge.net - dag                                  4,718
repolist: 16,068

It must be coming from rpmforge (http://repoforge.org/use/).

Denis