DMARC with MailScanner

Andrew Colin Kissa andrew at topdog.za.net
Fri Apr 3 18:14:21 UTC 2015

On 03 Apr 2015, at 7:49 PM, Jerry Benton <jerry.benton at mailborder.com> wrote:

> Yes, I have also thought about that route with a SA score being assigned, but this was already requested and shot down by their devs. But a solution may be here:
>
> https://blog.laussat.de/2014/05/19/using-dmarc-in-spamassassin/
>

> Damn this server is fast :)

We use the approach, the actual check happens in Exim and a header is added,
similar headers are removed by the Exim prior to adding to prevent spoofing.

Then we use a custom spam assassin rule to score based on the header
inserted by Exim.

For the checks to run within mailscanner you may have to use a spam assassin
plugin.